“ Administering education that focuses on learners’ achievements by means of a learning-centered approach for self-development of knowledge, abilities, and new skills in pharmacy profession with experiential practice and life-long learning. ”
Faculty of Pharmacy, Mahidol University Education Philosophy
Starting from 2009, the Faculty of Pharmacy, Mahidol University offers a 6-year pharmacy professional program with a total credit of no less than 220 credits and total practice hours of no less than 2,000 hours in accordance with the proclamation by the Pharmacy Council of Thailand. The structure of the curriculum comprises of basic knowledge and basic skills for general pharmacy practice (1st – 4th Year) and advanced pharmacy practice knowledge and skills in the 5th and 6th year. Students can choose to enter a track during the 5th and 6th year, including patient oriented and product oriented tracks, according to his or her interest. For the 6th year, students will gain hands-on experience in his/her track of interest through a year round internship. This is to ensure the development of practice skills of students.
Through this new curriculum, graduates will be well equipped with basic knowledge and skills along with advanced knowledge and experience in his/her area of interest. Graduates from both tracks may therefore become an instrumental force in the development of pharmacy profession and pharmaceutical science of Thailand.
Students upon completion of the program must possess knowledge on pharmacy related subjects and are expected to be able to work in both public and private sectors in the following jobs :
- Hospital pharmacist
- Community pharmacist
- Pharmacist for the Production, Quality Control, Quality Assurance and Research and Development Departments of manufacturing plants for pharmaceutical products, herbal medicines, food products, food supplements and cosmetics.
- Pharmacists whose works are related to consumer protection such as pharmacists working in the Quality Control Division of the Department of Medical Sciences, Food and Drug Administration, Ministry of Public Health that oversees the manufacturing process of pharmaceutical products, herbal medicines, food products, food supplements and cosmetics.
- Pharmacists whose works are related to academia such as faculty members, researchers and scientists.
- Pharmacists whose works are related to clinical research of related products.
- Pharmacists whose works are related to marketing of related products.
The applicants must hold high school diploma or equivalence and meet both general and specific requirements for the university admission system set by Commission on Higher Education and/or direct admission system of Mahidol University including any special admission program under the approval of the Mahidol University’s Senate. ... More Info